Statement of Purpose / Application and Donation Forms
Under the guidance of President George Lamprey, the New Hampshire REALTORS® Disaster Assistance Foundation was established in 2005 and initially funded by the New Hampshire Association of REALTORS®. The principal purpose of the Foundation is to raise or receive funds to provide charitable support to individuals or entities affected by a natural disaster or other hardship. The Foundation provides financial assistance for shelter, loss of livelihood, transportation, medical attention, clothing and other relief to the victims. The Foundation seeks to address needs not covered by other programs or insurance and focuses on emergency family, housing and livelihood needs that must be met in order for the individuals to continue working and contributing to the rebuilding of the community.
The Foundation is reactive in nature and therefore individuals or entities must apply for assistance.
The Foundation has the ability to accept donations as well as to send out a request to the REALTOR® membership for support of a specific natural disaster or other hardship. REALTORS® can feel confident that their donations are being used effectively and are being given on behalf of all New Hampshire REALTORS®.
Below you will find the list of approved assistance grants provided to date:
- $1,000 to Flood Victim (2005-2006 Floods)
- $15,000 to Belknap-Merrimack Counties Community Action Program (2005-2006 Floods)
- $40,000 to the State of NH Disaster Relief Fund (2005-2006 Floods)
- $3,500 to Flood Victim (2007)
- $2,000 to Accident Victim (2008)
- $1,000 to NAR Disaster Relief Fund (2010 Bush Clinton Haiti Fund)
- $3,000 to Fire Victim (2010)
- $1,000 to AmeriCares (2011 Japan Earthquake)
- $1,000 to AmeriCares (2011 South State Spring Disasters)
- $1,500 to American Red Cross (2011 Disasters in and around NH communities)
- $1,500 to American Red Cross (2012 Disasters in and around NH communities)
The foundation's donation form can be found by clicking here.
The foundation's Individual Application form can be found by clicking here.
The foundation's Institution Application form can be found by clicking here.
2016 Board of Directors
- Jim Lyons, President
- Steve White, Treasurer
- Barbara Currier, Secretary
- Lisa Corbin-Walker, Director
- Nancy Thompson, Director
- John Conley, Director
- Brenda Perkins, Past President