1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. We use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Assist local REALTOR® associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. NHAR does not share, sell or trade email addresses. NHAR may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by NHAR together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (e.g. street address) may be listed in the membership directories available on NHAR.org. NHAR will not share, sell or otherwise provide this contact information about you except for the following purposes:
- Exhibitors at NHAR trade shows for the limited purpose of contacting you before and after trade shows.
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of follow-up by the sponsor.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
7. We utilize a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your communication preferences by reviewing your registration. Just Login first. Then you can change your preferences. (Examine and update your existing account
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NRDS system or by contacting your local REALTOR® association.